Friday, October 8, 2010

My Favorite Essay In Chapter 7

    In my reading I personally like in the Chapter 7 was In the Kitchen.
This story was about a girl with black girl who always wanted straight hair, and not curly hair like her mother. More like her father hair that is straight. In the beginning of the story she was talking about her mother would wash her hair and it was so straight as she washed it. By the time it was drying up her hair was starting to get curly. When her mother was doing the chorus it was in the kitchen.
    In the next section it talk about the different method of straight that works like a mashed-potatoes and lye formula, a steam iron called Proctor-Silex, She even put in bazooka gum in her hair when she was young. There was a oily stuff with Jello, and melt wax the scalp.
    So  in the end it I think she wanted to see what would make her hair straight and the method with this people did for it. And the time when history what people use to do they hair. So I understanding what The part of write I need to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment